Sunday 16 February 2014

내가만든 잔치국수 하고 두부전

Tried cooking 잔치국수 하고 두부전 (Anchovy soup noodle and Tofu Jeon) for lunch or rather brunch just now. Both dishes are not difficult to make. I browsed through some online recipes for 잔치국수 and noticed that people have their own method to cook the soup base. The recipes are more or less the same with anchovies as the main ingredient of course.  Aeris Kitchen has a very simple method of cooking 잔치국수 ^^  

Preparing the cucumber as one of the topping for 잔치국수. I sliced ​​the cucumber and added some salt to it. You will see water from the cucumber few mins later. Towel dried the cucumber and add some minced garlic to it. 
Mixed the cucumber and minced garlic. Lightly stir fried it.
Next, I prepared the egg topping. I dun like to eat cooked egg yolk, so I did not separate the egg yolk and egg white. I used two eggs but I think one egg should be enough. 
Most people used minced beef. I replaced pork with beef since I dun eat beef. Marinating the pork slices was done by using sesame oil, mirin Mirim, salt, extra virgin olive oil and pepper.
I prepared the broth by adding radish, spring onions, kelp and anchovies. 
I took out the Kelp, radish and anchovies when the broth was ready for the seasoning.  Oopppsss ... looks like I added too much soy sauce! The colour looks darker than what it should be ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ  Fortunately, it does not taste salty. Besides soy sauce, I also added a little salt and pepper. 
Toppings for my Janchi Guksu.
There is room for improvement to my cucumber ....
I cooked the noodles using the same method for Kimchi Bibim Guksu .
Hey, it was fun and therapeutic to decor the noodle 
ㅋㅋㅋ
Hmmm ... here's my 잔치국수 in dark color broth ㅎㅎㅎ
Add the hot broth to the noodle once ready to serve. 
Next is 두부전.
I used the recipe from  AerisKitchen for 두부전
Actually, my mother used to cook this and she added prawns to the tofu.
I used extra virgin olive oil to fry the 두부전.
Errmmm ... my 두부전 are not nicely shaped, unlike the ones made by Aeri ㅎㅎㅎ
Overall, I am satisfied with my own cooking today and there are definitely room for improvements ^ ^

No comments:

Post a Comment