Saturday 9 November 2013

7 Oct 2013 - Dinner at 대림감자국

Feeling excited cos 저는 감자탕 정말 좋아 ^^

I gave advance warning to Jo not to wear his tight jeans...

I love those veggies and WW is fine with them.
Whereas Jo called them "臭菜" which translate to "Smelly Vegetables"  -__-
Hey, 감자탕 will not taste like 감자탕 without them!

For show only...I dare not knock the Soju into the beer glasses ㅎㅎㅎ
I really hate the taste of Soju on its own.
Amazingly, when 소주 and 맥주 are mixed together, they taste sweet. 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Yum Yum!!
The couple liked it a lot and 감자탕 becomes one of their top favourite Korean dishes. This 감자탕 is nice but I prefer the one that I went to earlier this year. The one that I went to previously had more meat and the meat was more tender compared to this.

At last, we get to eat 볶음밥 fried rice cos usually we were too full by the time we finished our soup/stew. In SG, we always request to top up our soup when we eat steamboat. Whereas here in Korea, I told my friends not to add any more soup ㅎㅎㅎ Initially, I thought we must finish the soup before we can get the fried rice but not really. Anyway, I hardly see Koreans topping up their soup. When you are almost done with your soup, just tell the 아줌마 that you want your 볶음밥 fried rice and she will mix in the rice, veggies and seaweed for you. 

Arising from our experience at Yeolbong Jjimdak, we asked 아줌마 if we can order "小" ie "Small".  아줌마 said we need to order at least "Medium" as we had three people. No problem.  Our total bill is 감자탕 KRW33000 + 소주 KRW3000 + 맥주 KRW3000 + 볶음밥 KRW2000 = KRW41000. 

We decided to proceed to Bulgwangcheon Haedamneundari (Bridge) after dinner becos it is nearby. We took a short cut by taking the back lanes. Jo said it looked safe but errmmm...I won't take back lanes at night if I am alone. We stumbled upon a red light district which was an eye-opener to us indeed. It was a quiet lane and we did not see men loitering around. Perhaps it was still too early?  Small rooms or rather cubicles on both sides of the lane. Each "cubicle" was occupied by one lady. No pictures of course. Its rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment