Wednesday 31 July 2013

21st April 2013 - King Sejong, my idol.

The King Sejong Statue was erected at the center of Gwanghwamun Square on Hangeul Day (October 9) of 2009. The King is best remembered as the inventor of Hangul. Foreigners should check out King Sejong Story which is just a passage behind the Statue of King Sejong. At King Sejong Story, one will learnt some of the king’s most astounding contributions to the development of Korea as a nation. Gwanghwamun Square is a place which I will always recommend to my friends, if they asked me for places to visit in Seoul. To me, Hangul is just so amazing.

I went to check out the fountain after getting some cute stationery from Kyobo for my niece and colleagues.  






Statue of Admiral Yi Sunshin facing the statue of King Sejong on Gwanghwamun Square. It is really beautiful here at night. Besides the fountain, you can see colorful spotlights on the ground. Well, I am not sure if there is any specific timing for the fountain or spotlights but I saw them during my visits. On top of this, Gyeongbokgung(I think) is behind the statue of King Sejong. The palace looks really gorgeous at night and it seems to be a good spot to capture a picture of the beautiful palace from across the road.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment