Sunday 26 May 2013

11th April 2013 - Buying ferry ticket to 우도 Udo

I reached 성산항 Seongsan Port at 11.56am and was worried that I will miss the ferry that departs at 12pm, cos the next ferry departs at 1pm. Did I appeared very anxious?? Cos the taxi uncle was also very anxious and he made sure that I got to the right place and board the ferry on time. He helped to ask a security guard where exactly is the ticket counter. The ticket counters are inside the buildng as shown by the arrow.
I am really touched by his kindness. 정말 감사합니다 아저씨. Remember I mentioned in my previous post that I misunderstood him? Yeah. The total taxi fare(from Sangumburi crater to Gasiri and from Gasiri to Seongsan Port) was KRW30,000. I thought he wanted to charge me KRW30,000 for the trip from Gasiri to Seongsan Port.

I went straight to the ticket counter and the staff told me to fill up a form.

Get the form from here.

I am not sure why I need to fill up this form but don't probe.
Just follow instructions.  I think passport is required as well.

I don't understand all these though hur hur

Neither do I understand these as well...
Probably is the admission fees or fare for the ferry.  

This is the information I need to know.
It is the ferry time table for April.
The left column is the departure time from 성산항 Seongsan Port to Udo island.
 The right column is the departure time from Udo island to 성산항 Seongsan Port.
There are additional ferry trips this month becos there is another ferry that departs at 12.30pm ^^
Great!! Cos I missed the ferry that departs at 12pm.

I forgot why the counter staff "scribbled" on this time table.
Probably to highlight to me the departure time from Udo to Seongsan Port.

From KTOI learnt that the ferry time table for April as follows:

[From Seongsan Harbor to Cheonjinhang Harbor]
April & September
07:30, 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 17:30

[Cheonjinhang Harbor to Seongsan Harbor]
April & September
08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 17:30

I paid KRW5500 for a round trip.
I am not sure whether you can buy the return ticket on Udo.

I have about 20 mins before the boarding time.
It was too cold to go outside so I stayed here for a cup of hot tea bought from the vending machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment