Sunday 28 October 2012

My own version of 김치국밥 in Singapore

Today was home alone day. I did not want to go out to buy my dinner so I thought of cooking my own version of 김치국밥 Kimchi Gukbap. Hahahaaa..I didn't know there was Kimchi Gukbap until my recent trip to Korea. I saw 김치국밥 on the menu when I had my dinner at 요기 Yogi in Sinchon on my second last day in Korea. Though I did not had their 김치국밥 back then but it has been on mind since then.  Sigh.....It has been ten days since I came back from Korea...I miss my second home badly...

I marinated the pork this morning and left it in the fridge. Stir fry the minced garlic, Kimchi, Pork and 고추가루 (Korean Chilli Powder).  Add water, some Gochujang 고추장 and Doenjang 된장.  Allow it to simmer.

I add some golden mushrooms 金 针菇 and some sesame oil before serving.  

I have not eaten Kimchi Gukbap before. I couldn't find much recipes online and I am not sure how it taste like. Since Gukbap is rice with soup so I came out with my own version of 김치국밥 by adding rice to my 김치찌개 kimchi jjigae ㅎㅎㅎ

The 반찬 banchan was anchovies bought from Lotte Department. The anchovies were mixed with sunflower seeds and fried garlic slices. It was delicious but a bit expensive. It cost KRW6000 for about 100-200g. I stared at my Kimchi Gukbap for some time before adding something to it.

I added an egg to it!!  Ya...I know 김치 찌개 kimchi jjigae does not have any egg and I don't think 김치국밥 Kimchi Gukbap has egg in it but I just couldn't resist adding an egg to my hot soup!  I love poached egg!  Hahahaaa...this is really my own version of 김치국밥!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment