Wednesday 31 October 2012

10 Oct 2012 - At Yeongju Punggi Ginseng Festival 영주 풍기 인삼 축제

I took the taxi at 10.25am and reached the festive ground at 10.39am.
Taxi fare was by meter and it was KRW13000.
Take note of this junction.
This was the place where I took my shuttle bus to the ginseng farm.

The temperature was so different from Seoul.
It was so so cold......brrrrgggghhhh....

I was excited becos I finally reach here! 










Herbs? 







오미자  五味子!They are also known as five flavour berry.
I like this and use them to make tea called 오미자 차 omija tea.
I saw a lot 오미자 차 during this trip.  

Oh, this is so familiar cos its very common in Singapore.  菊花茶 Chrysanthemum Tea.

Hmmm....kitchen utensil were also available in a ginseng festival.
Where is my ginseng.....
There were many stalls but I did not check out each and every one of them.

As I walked around the festive ground, I also keep a lookout for anyone whom I can ask about the shuttle bus to the nearby ginseng farm.  The ginseng farm was the main reason why I came here. I read that there will be a shuttle bus somewhere around but KTO didn't know the location of the bus stop. I came across a young girl who was tending a stall and was glad that she can speak a little bit of English. She was not sure about the  location and time of the shuttle bus, but she helped me to ask her 선배 sunbae. The shuttle bus will come every hour. It was 11.05am when I was talking to her, so I missed the shuttle bus which comes at 11am. The next shuttle bus will come at 12pm. I misplaced the map which she gave me, so I couldn't provide a good direction to the shuttle bus stop...Sorry for that. I need to cross the road to get to the shuttle bus stop. It was somewhere near the junction/bridge where I came from.  Since I have some time, I decided to go to the nearby ginseng market. Yup, I obtained the direction from the young lady as well.  I have to cross the road to get to the ginseng market.  Its about 7 mins walk from the festive ground.

They looked like ginger....but they also don't look like ginger to me...



Wowww...there's even a magic show!

I went to the opposite stalls.







Interesting..

I hoped it won't rain...
아줌마 and 아저씨 have yet to enjoy the performance.

At last, I saw ginseng...
I like ginseng and that's why I came for the festival.  







I wonder what does the numbers stand for?
Age of the ginseng?  I don't know.



These pretty flowers were beside a rubbish dump.  What a waste...




Are they making 떡 Tteok? 


오!  Something caught my attention!

인삼족발 Ginseng Jokbal??
Everything involves ginseng ㅋㅋㅋ
This is rather interesting. I have not tried Jokbal before because it looks fattening.
I don't eat this in Chinese dishes as well but I knew many people loves it.

What is he cooking?

Fried ginseng tempura.
Argghhh.....I had to give this a miss again because my throat was not feeling good.
I missed the chance to try it during my trip to Jinhae earlier this year....

A lot of food stalls and fried ginseng tempura was the common dish.
I was hoping to see something different.

이게 뭐야?
They looked yummy ^^

I would buy if there's someone to share with me...

虽然是路边的野花,但它们真的好美哦.






No comments:

Post a Comment