Saturday 5 May 2012

5 April 2012 - 김치찌개 for dinner

I wanted to have my dinner here before going back to the motel but I didn't know what to eat.  It was about 5 mins away from Gwangan Station when I past by this alley and saw an eating place that seemed to be calling out to me ㅋㅋㅋ

This was the place that was calling out to me  ^^

Its cheap! Okiee set!  On!
김치찌개 Kimchi jjigae it shall be ^
^
I didn't know what was 시락국 but now I know.
 It is a soup made with sun-dried radish stems.
 I will find out the recipe for this soup for future reference ^^

Took a peep.
Yes!   밥상!  I love eating with this Korean traditional table. 
It should be dinner time but the place was so quiet.  
Its ok, I prefer quiet.  It was so quiet that I thought the shop was closed.
A lady acknowledged me and told me to take a seat inside.
There was only two customers when I reached.  The lady said something to me but I couldn't understand what she said. She only realised I am not a Korean when I told her I wanted 김치찌개 Kimchi jjigae. 

I was a bit worried when I saw the lady carrying a big tray walking towards my table. The tray was so big!  Did I ordered so much??  My worries was unnecessary cos they consisted of many 반찬 banchan. WoooHoooo!! I was so happy to see so many side dishes!!!  The bubbling hot kimchi jjigae was so appetising.  I think they used old kimchi because the flavour was pretty strong.  I loved it!!!   *Slurppppp

The lady also asked where I was from.  I told her I am from Singapore.  She was very nice, she asked if I wanted refills for my side dishes.  Guess what I replied?  Haiiizzzz......I replied politely," 됐어".  Although she understood what I meant but I feel bad till now for saying that cos I felt its rude. I should have said," 괜찮아요" which is more polite...Haizz....

Overall, it was a very good meal though I regretted what I have said..

No comments:

Post a Comment