Thursday 22 December 2011

양념 통닭 & 시금치 고추장 무침

 Had my dinner and here's what I have tried cooking just now.   Thanks to the recipes from Aeri's Kitchen   ^^

I fried it for a second time at high fire to make it more crispy.  This is also the method used in the recipe.  I think frying it for the second time is called 逼油..I think so.. You can check out the recipe from Aeriskitchen  ^^

I stir fried the onions first and pour in the sauce.  The sauce consisted of mainly 고추장 Gochujang, minced garlic, Korean sesame oil, Korean soy sauce and Ketchup.  When the sauce starts bubbling, I add the fried chicken.   Sesame seeds was sprinkled when its ready for serving.

The end result reminds me of my 제육볶음 stir fried spicy pork!   Believe me...I didn't meant to have my fried chicken to look like this...The flavour was ok to me but I was not happy with myself for having "too much" sauce.   My original intention was to have some sauce just nice to cover some of my fried chicken but I overlooked and it became like this...Although my mother and sister in law said its quite nice but I am still not satisfied with myself!   괜찮아!  I will make it better next time!  

시금치 고추장 무침, Si Geum Chi GoChuJang MuChim (Spicy Seasoned Spinach)
Korean usually eat pickled radish with their fried chicken.  I made this spicy spinach as 반찬 banchan instead because I wanted to eat spinach now ㅎㅎㅎ  I find that it could be better if I had make it drier.  I thought I have used a lot of energy to squeeze out the water after I boiled it but somehow its still not that dry as it should be....hhmmm....
You can check out the actual recipe at Aeriskitchen

The next dish I wanted to try is 감자탕 Gamjatang (Pork bones stew with potatoes)  ^^  Jihye looked at me with a big question mark on her face when I told her I like 감자탕 ㅎㅎㅎ  The first time I tried 감자탕 was at a Korean restaurant in Gold Coast.  I can still remember how good it was ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment