Tuesday 6 December 2011

21 Oct 2011 - Day 12 in Korea

After walking around Insadong for a while, I decided to walk back to Anguk station, exit 2 to get to Bukchon Hanok-gil and Samcheongdong walkway before it gets dark...

I followed my map and reached another information centre, where I asked for some directions to get to Bukchon Hanok-gil.  It took me maybe about 10 mins to reach Bukchon hanok-gil from the information centre.
The short building with the glass wall at the right hand side is the information centre.

The lady in the information centre told me to turn left once I see Don Mi Pharmacy...I was lucky that I can read this in hangul....약국...약국 (Yakuk) means pharmacy...Hmmm....come to think about it, I went to several pharmacy this trip...

I followed the sign board..

My first encounter of the place...
There were also quite a few Japanese tourists who were there to check out the place.
I lurvvvvv Autumn so much ^^





I am really bad in taking pictures of buildings...Actually, I took plenty of these buildings but I could hardly pick out a few decent ones to upload  ㅠㅠ







I wondered where was I standing when I took this picture..
I was sure that I did not do any monkey climbing to any roof tops for this picture!
                  




I think I still like trees and plants more than building ㅋㅋㅋ












I did not attempt to try this....*sweat
Steep stairways are so common in Korea but why did they construct stairways that were soo sooo steep??  Was there a reason for it ??


Multi purpose rack ㅋㅋㅋ

I had no idea where I was but I think I will use the street below as a guide to get out of the place.  A van drove up beside me when I was walking along the road.  The Korean driver showed me a piece of paper with an address on it.   I think he wanted to ask me if I knew the place... 정말 미안해...I really wish I can help you ....
Interesting!

Is this for real?

The street is so nicee!!  

I walked down slope all the way and passed by here...Well, I did not manage to visit Sanggojae, which was the house featured in "Personal Taste".



Passing by...

I did not know where I was...saw this across the road and decided to cross over....

I saw this signage and I turned right to head towards the direction of Samcheong tunnel..

Feeling quite uncertain as I walked on...There was hardly anybody ahead and the sky was getting dark....Final decision?   I turned around and walked towards the opposite direction, which was towards the direction of Gyeongbokgung Palace..

Looks like I did not made the wrong decision  ^^
Simply adore the beautiful trees that lined the road. 
There were also many shops and cafes along the street. 
I like this place and will come back in my next trip to Seoul. 



I thought of taking a bus.  Changed my mind after I saw the places stated on the route...Not familiar with those places..better not..

Omo!  A white tiger!  ㅋㅋㅋ
I saw a foreigner busy snapping photos in this direction,
so I stopped to take a look at what he was looking at.

I loved the trees here  ^^

Was this Samcheongdong??  I had no idea where I was but I just kept on walking...
 I thought this scene looked familiar to what I saw from the Internet...

The extra battery for my camera was going to be flat anytime...I have also utilised the portable charger for my mobile, which was left with less than 30% charged....I still want to take pictures of my dinner at Tweet Maru 툇마루, but I also wanted to take a few more pictures of this place!   To make things "worse"...my friend called me from Singapore for a chat...What!!!  Of all the timing....why called me now.... 

Opposite was Gyeongbokgung Palace I think...
Next time, I can walk from here all the way straight down to Samcheong tunnel  ^^

Picture captured by my iphone using Instagram 


Haetae 해태! Haetae is a mythical unicorn-lion that is said to protect palaces from fire. Seoul city has officially used Haechi (origin of Haetae) as the symbol of Seoul since 2009.
*Picture captured by my iphone using Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment