Saturday 3 December 2011

21 Oct 2011 - Day 12 in Korea

Today's itinerary was to check out Jogyesa Temple, Bukchon Hanok-gil, Samcheongdong and Insadong.  Before I set off for these places, I decided to change some money at a money changer which I came across a few times during my stay in Myeongdong. 
I turned left upon exiting from my hotel.  Walk straight all the way into this lane.   From here, you can see Young Plaza on your right across the road.

Continue to walk straight

Walk on...

There were quite a few money changers but I just decided to change my money here.   Don't ask me why..
Anyway, I didn't bother to check the rate with other money changers...I would check if I wanted to change a lot of money but I was changing for a small amount, so that's ok.  They had a signage stating no commission.    Does that helps??


Rotiboy! Long time no see! Hahaaaa..
On my way to the subway station, I saw "Rotiboy".  Rotiboy originated from Malaysia and used to be very popular in Singapore at one time many years ago. Many competitors emerged with almost similar names back then..I think....Not sure why all the Rotiboy outlets in Singapore suddenly closed down.   Unlike in Korea, we didn't have any Rotiboy cafes back then in Singapore.  We only had kiosks/stalls for take aways. 

Over here in Seoul, I saw many Japanese buying Rotiboy.  A few of them bought more than a dozen boxes of Rotiboy.  Was it that good??  Ok lah...maybe because I was never a coffeeholic ㅋㅋㅋ   I prefer tea to coffee ^^
The bread will go soft when its not consumed immediately...I prefer to eat it warm because the surface of the bread will be crispy when its warm.
Well, Rotiboy was not my priority for breakfast at this moment because I wanted something Korean ㅋㅋㅋ


Ahaaa...this is something Korean. Delimanjoo is a common snack in Korea.  Decided to buy a packet for breakfast on my way to take subway to Insadong.

My breakfast  ^^

My camera lens got blurred a few times while I attempted to take a picture of this.   It was hot and I liked it.   Except for ice cream, I always prefer hot food....maybe that's why I liked jjigae a lot ㅋㅋㅋ
Be careful of the hot custard inside when you eat it hot ^^  Before I realised it, I was eating my Delimanjoo on the subway train....oooppss....Actually, it was allowed to eat on the trains in Korea but one must be disciplined enough not to litter or leave your food around.  I felt kind of uneasy to eat on the train and was very conscious with my eating behaviour!! ㅎㅎㅎ  Of course, I am not the type who leave my food around but I just felt kind of guilty although I don't have to feel guilty....

No comments:

Post a Comment