Friday 18 November 2011

Feels like rolling...

I suggested this restaurant for Ed's belated birthday treat. I made a reservation and called twice to confirm.  Last reservation was restricted to 7pm.  They will probably let go of your reservation if you are late. Kat and I arrived just before 7pm.  The place was packed when we arrived.  The waitress and boss looked blur when I told them about my reservation. We were told to wait outside for a while.  Waited for almost 15 mins before we were ushered in.  Don't be mistaken, they were not rude at all.    

I enjoyed the simple and down to earth Korean ambiance very much.  So happy to be here ^^  It made me feel like I am in Korea once again.  Why do I say so?  Well, I noticed 96% of the customers were Koreans!!   Everyone was speaking Korean. The 4% would be Kat, Ed, one Filipino waitress and I.  The rest were practically Koreans!  You won't understand how happy I am  hahahahaa


Brilliant idea to use the cards as decor. Really cost savings but effectively creates an ambiance of eating in a simple Korean restaurant. 

I have always wanted to learn how to play the Korean flower cards,  Hwatu  화투. 
 Hope to learn one day  ^^

More to come!!  Our table was not filled with our orders yet!
I have been thinking about Gyeran Jjim 계란찜 for the past few days, so I asked the waitress whether they have Gyeran Jjim 계란찜.  She said they only have egg omelette 계란말이. Checked the online recipe for Gyeran Jjim 계란찜.  It is something like the Chinese steamed egg but Korean steamed egg has more spring onions.  I think its up to individual because the one that I ate in Sinchon has only plain eggs and it tasted so good!  I think I will try cooking Gyeran Jjim 계란찜 one of these days.   It should be one of the easiest dish to make  ㅋㅋㅋ  The only question I had in mind, was how to make it fluffy?  The ones I saw online were flat but the one I ate in Sinhcon was fluffy and nice.

Correct me if I am wrong...I noticed the Korean lady boss and waitresses kept on coming to our table and helped us to turn and cut the meat.  Probably because instead of eating, we were too busy taking pictures of all the delicious food with our cameras and smartphones  ㅎㅎㅎ
The same thing happened when I ate at
Hyang-to-gol two weeks ago.  I observed that we were the only table who received so much attention than the rest of the tables.  When I was in Korea, no waitress or waiter came to turn or cut the meat for us.  My Korean friends will cut the Samgyeopsal 삼겹살 or big pieces of Kimchi for me...I don't have to do anything!  Was it because they treat me as a guest in Korea?   Or was it because Korean were used to cutting their own food?   Somebody, please enlighten me ㅋㅋㅋ
I love haemul pajeon 해물파전 and will always order it whenever I eat in a Korean restaurant. This is the BEST haemul pajeon 해물파전 I have ever ever ever ate!! In fact, both Kat and Ed agreed that this was very delicious! Kat has a small appetite but this was also my first time to see Kat taking the last piece. So can you imagine how yummy is this?

Jjigae!! My favourite! Emmm...but I forgot what jjigae is this! ㅎㅎㅎ Was it Kimchi beancurd jjigae???  I am not sure but it had beancurd, pork and kimchi.  Not spicy at all according to Kat, whose tolerance for spicy food is only at level one or even lesser... Told myself I will try out Budae Jjigae 부대 찌개 when I fly to Seoul again!

Chicken

This is their signature red pork. Not spicy at all. It does not really taste like a signature food to us.  Ed thought it was chicken...while Kat and I felt it was too soft and mashed up ㅎㅎㅎ  We prefer Samgyeopsal 삼겹살 for sure!!


Makgeolli 막걸리!  We like it but I still prefer my Dongdongju 동동주  ^^ 
I love the way they served makgeoli in this cute little pot and bowl  ^^
*Picture captured by my iphone using Instagram

Our little Red Pig.  Felt the urge to move this fan aside...

I felt I am back to reality when I stepped out of the restaurant. OMG...I am soooo soooo full that I can hardly walk...I think I can roll better...
This restaurant is one of the best Korean restaurant that I have ever been in Singapore.  I enjoyed the overall dinning experience and would recommend to anyone who wants to eat Korean food!
*Picture captured by my iphone using Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment