Thursday 24 November 2011

19 Oct 2011 - Day 10 in Korea

My breakfast of strawberry milk and cream cheese donut from Dunkin Donuts before I head out to Yongsan station.  Jasmine gal, don't envy me for the strawberry milk ㅋㅋㅋ I prefer the banana milk to strawberry milk!

Reached the station at about 7.20am

The departure time for my train, KTX 603 is 7.50am

Same procedure.  I checked which platform to take KTX 603

Not to worry if you are unfamiliar with hangul.  There are English translations as well   ^^


Tracks.  It means I have to go in from here to get to the platform.

안녕 Jo In Sung!!  
Okie, make sure you get to the correct entrance for your train.   I was taking KTX, so my entrance to the KTX train will be here.  There will be another entrance to get to the platform for Saemaeulho or Mugunghwaho train.


I decided not to get to the platform first.  Previous experience at Seoul station reminded me to go to the 화장실 before I go to the platform.

I was early...hahahaa so proud of myself ㅎㅎㅎ




Same thing.  I looked for my car/cabin number


My seat 11D

How do you know if you are in the right car/cabin?  
The signage will be near the doorway.

Reached!!



Gwangju Station

He is everywhere..

Information centre at Gwangju Station.   The staff can speak limited amount of English, enough for very simple basic communication.

Contrast to Seoul  ^^

It was bright and sunny but not hot!  If you know what I meant  ㅎㅎㅎ
My initial plan was to take the public bus to Damyang but I decided to take a cab instead because the departure time back to Yongsan was 5.10pm.  The cabby showed me a list of fares to different locations.  Damyang was outside of Gwangju and will take about 30 mins to get there.  The fare to Damyang was KRW33,000 as stated on the list.  
I never think whether this fare was considered expensive or cheap.   All I wanted was a reliable driver.   According to Jae, this price was reasonable  ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment